Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Inadequacies of Make-Up Wipes

Let me admit that I do indeed want a product that requires almost zero effort. When I get home after a long day or a fun-filled night out, all I want to do is sleep. But thanks to the beauty mantra, I make it a habit to make sure I hit the pillow with a clean face.

Sometimes it's hard to find a makeup remover that does it all - foundation, shadows, liner, lipstick, (and my personal favourite) mascara. But behold! My makeup wipes seem to make my face look naked all over again - all in a couple swipes. No need for multiple cotton pads, a variety of makeup removers or water. Makeup wipes are a lazy girl's best friend.

But here comes my disappointment. I'm trying to do a good thing here. Build a solid habit. Take care of my skin. And these makeup wipes are not doing what I thought they were meant to do. Every time I feel good about wiping the makeup off my face the night before, I wake up with some sort of mild breakout. Then it becomes another chore of trying to make the breakout go away. Wipes may seem to clean your face, but it doesn't do a complete job. Wipes should be kept for only refreshing your skin, getting rid of tough makeup (it should never be the one and only step), or travelling.

As J.R.R. Tolkien once said: "Short cuts make for long delays."  I'm at a point where I believe there are no real short cuts to great skin. You just have to create a regimen for yourself that you can stick to. And don't lie, even lazy girls can follow a regimen.

My suggestion? Invest in a good miceller lotion, like Bioderma's Sensibio H2O. It'll take a couple cotton pads, but it's well worth the trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I use wipes too, but if you go over with a cotton pad soaked in make up remover, you will see there is still a lot of remaining debris to clean off =/ no short cuts when it comes to beauty

    ReplyDelete