Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Must-Haves

Hello readers!

Been waiting for the weather to stabalize before I comment on Spring attire and I'm hoping that next week there is no hail, snow, or extreme wind.  Today was a good start to the week, but we'll see.

Here are 10 pieces to make your wardrobe April-ready.  Bonus? All pieces are under $50!

The White Tee

Mango V-Neck $30

This is a wardrobe essential regardless of which season it may be.  That said, I'm looking forward to being able to wear just the tee without several layers of sweaters/cardigans/knits on top.

Pastel Bottoms

GAP Girls Colorpop super skinny jeans in New Aloe $34.95
Pastel skinnies are a really cute way of adding a pop of colour to your ensemble.  I've never been a huge fan of bright or alarming colours, but I love me some pastel.  One of my favourite trends this spring.

Linen Pants

Forever 21 Linen-Blend Trousers $19.80
Going to be having a fun time experimenting with different bottoms this season (if the weather warms up in time).  Trying to find some fancier, but still comfortable pieces as alternatives to jeans or leggings for daily wear.  This pair from Forever 21 looks really comfy, but still fashionable at the same time.  Will have to see if it compliments my body type, but I'm very interested in finding out.

Chiffon Blouse

Forever 21 Chiffon Woven Shirt $22.90
Currently on a hunt for a light, chiffon blouse.  I have a hard time saying no to mint or turquoise colours, but I'm specifically looking for a coral-hued version.  Always loved the vibrance of coral - never too over-bearing and still pretty and feminine.  Let it be known that I am not a fan of Forever 21's sleeves here.  They should have been cuffed.

Black Lace Shorts

Sirens Black Lace Shorts $25


These are really cute.  Make sure that if you're wearing something like this on the bottom, you're relatively covered up on top.  It may be getting warmer, but you don't want to look hoochie.

Chiffon Dress

Forever 21 Peekaboo Back Dress $23.80
For Spring, it's so nice to have clothes with movement.  Hence why I'm looking forward to sporting some chiffon and more flowy fabrics.  I think I'm favouriting coral and mint more than any other colour right now.  No that's a lie.  Lilac and blush pink are pretty high up there too.

Ornate Dress

H&M Dress $19.95
Been seeing this piece in a lot of the H&M ads and I can't talk myself out of liking it.  It may be bold.  But it is also beautiful.  Therefore, I must have.  Also...only $19.95??

Ornate Dress

H&M Dress $49.95
The fancier dress for spring.  Love the way that the skirt flares at the bottom and doesn't fall flat.


The Tote Bag

GAP Sequin Stripe Tote $49.95
I like sparkles and practicality. This tote encompasses both.  If you're anything like me and run around a lot (with a variety of things in your handbags), equip yourself with a pretty tote today!

Turquoise Necklace

H&M Necklace $14.95

Ever since I saw the necklace Jennifer Meyer designed for Jennifer Aniston in Wanderlust, I've been looking for a simple silver necklace.  This turquoise one from H&M isn't the same design at all, but it would be nice a addition to a spring outfit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment