Friday, December 14, 2012

Preview That Polish, Prior to Purchase



I have long sought neutral coloured nail polishes; the greys, the beiges, and the browns. My problem is that I'm never quite sure how it's going to look on my hands. It might look great in the bottle, but some greys give me zombie hands. Unfortunately, I don't do all colours justice.

But lo and behold, China Glaze has an online tool that lets you adjust the model's skin tone and nail length. You wouldn't think that nail length would make a difference, but let me tell you, long nails and black nail polish might look more witchy than you want it to. A short manicure looks great with certain polishes, as do longer nails (french manicure anyone?) It's an excellent marketing tool, because my wishlist has just become so much longer now that I can preview everything. It's like a dressing room for your fingers. One downside is that you can't adjust the yellow, red or olive undertones, but this is a great step in the right direction.

Click here to access the tool and start stocking up on those stocking stuffers!

1 comment: