Friday, February 26, 2010

TOO MUCH FACEBOOK

A couple days ago, as my radio alarm went off and my eyes were still closed, I heard that the new running thing in relationship issues is breaking up via Facebook. Not only have we moved from the phone-call break-up to the text breakup, people are now comfortable simply changing their relationship status to read "single" before mentioning a break-up to their partner.

There are just so many things that are wrong with this picture.

Have people lost all integrity and ballsiness to speak to a person face to face? We're not even talking about the randoms that add you as a friend. We're talking about the person who you decided to have a committed relationship with. After a stunt like that, they might not even be the first person to find out that the relationship is over. And seriously, shouldn't they be the first?

Now, I'm sure that most people in my circle of friends would be just as astounded as I was to hear this news. It's almost puzzling to think that there are people out there that lack even this level of decency. I just hope I NEVER come across someone who is a)so obsessed with Facebook, b)so rude, and c)so pathetic. But, according to the radio broadcast, the trend is catching like wildfire.

Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment